Thursday, August 7, 2008

Low, low airfares

I had been debating for quite some time what my first entry should be; I've been wanting to start this blog for a while and have many entries to write, but wanted to make sure the first one was short, simple and useful:

I'm a sucker for always flying the same airline, for two reasons:

First, I'm lucky enough to live in a city which serves as a regional hub (MIA hubs American Airlines, along with DFW and ORD). This means that I have a much better chance of getting home if I'm stranded anywhere or if I miss a connecting flight; I can fly into FLL, Tampa, Orlando, West Palm Beach.

Secondly, based on my first criteria, I've racked up quite a few miles so I get to enjoy the benefits of elite status passenger; bypass lines, get upgrades, eliminate additional charges, and much more which I will later detail in further entries.


NONETHELESS, that is not the right way to go if you are looking to get the best airfare possible. If you dont fly much, or have a flexible schedule, I highly recommend this easy to use website to find the best deals in airfares:

http://www.airfarewatchdog.com/

No comments: